Celebrate the Sub 4 Minute Mile
May 6th is the 60th Anniversary of the first sub 4 minute mile. Here are 5 ways to celebrate…
1) Run a timed mile. Why not join blogger @runningdanw - you can run it anywhere you like. Join him here
2) Do a timed mile with three mates. Each of you run one lap of the track.
3) Take a newbie runner out for a mile run.
4) Watch a clip of the best milers on YouTube. Apart from Bannister, there's Coe, Ovett, Cram and the current mile record-holder, El Guerrouj.
5) Dip in to one of the great books on the mile including "The First Four Minutes" by Roger Bannister; "3:59:4" by John Bryant and the new release "Twin Tracks:The Autobiography" also by Roger Bannister.
Will you be celebrating?